Jul 5, 2012

Summer happiness

My summer vacation (3 weeks) started yesterday. I walked around at the beach after work and then sat at the grass and read a book for almost an hour, trotting back home at 8 pm. Today we spent the whole day at a beach at Vääksy with mom, sis and her two kids (10 & 12 year olds). We had a really fun day, a picnic, swimming, sun and photos. ^_^

Summer makes me happy. Especially when the weather is as nice as it is now. Bright, sunny and warm, I absolutely love it. It makes me feel like I shouldn't sleep at all so I wouldn't miss a moment of it, the summer is so brief here.

I've been feeling quite good lately. There are still moments when I miss... him like crazy, like last night when I remembered how he used to hug me before we went to sleep. But it's no more and that's it. I am going to try enjoy my single days as much as I can, concentrate on myself and my happiness and not someone else's. I was ready to give up so much for him that it's frightening. That way it was good that it never worked out. Now I can be completely myself again, I don't have to please anyone.
Oh gods I still miss him sometimes, so badly.
But now, looking back on things with this whole new point of views, from the "outside" of things, I am realizing that it would have never worked out. He wasn't the guy for me. For some reason, more than sad, this break-up makes me feel damn old! I don't know, maybe somewhere deep down inside I just wanted to settle down, have a family, the whole thing. And now, once again, I'm in point zero.

Oh well, you never (ever) know where life takes you! This year has been full of surprises. ^_^

The Helsinki Gay Pride parade was a week ago. ♥ It's always the high point of my summer and this day was no exception. It was my fifth Pride! =D I'll post photos from there soon. It was an absolutely incredibly wonderful day, so great that it still makes me smile when I think about it. And there were so many of my friends: Ktiraam, Anu, Elli, Elli2 (=P ♥), Essi and her new husband Niko, Anni who celebrated her birthday, Nora, shiroi & Tino... and lots more! ^___^

And work has been really good! I've gotten some really cool assignments, working on a website, adverts and photographing... just my things. It makes me happy. I've gotten to know more people at the workplace and made some friends, it seems I'm not as quiet and shy as I've always thought I was, when I'm in a place where I can really be myself.

In a weeks time me and Ktiraam are gonna go to Helsinki, to the Korkeasaari zoo, visit her sister and all the little comic/book/manga/fun stores that are waiting in Helsinki! And then there's Finncon 2012 in Tampere, KYAAH, I so wanna go there after seeing their timetable, sooo many cool things to look forward to.

I actually had a point when I started to write this, but now I've lost it. My mind is a little too full these day. It always feels like I should be doing something. I'm been ignoring so many things and people, I want to do so many things, but I don't really have the energy to do it all. I haven't drawn almost anything, two pictures during the whole summer!
But I've been reading, I've re-read all the Sookie Stackhouse novels and am now reading the new one that was published only about a month ago. I cannot wait for the last one! ... and I am starting to dislike the show so much, it has nothing left of the original story, absolutely nothing, it's just a mess! ... mess with hot vampires, but still a mess. XD

Anyways, before this text turns even longer, I better go to sleep, it's already 10.30 pm here, my sleepytime. =3 I'll post photos and a few drawings, when I get my mind to work enough to consentrate on anything more than a few minutes. ^^;
Oh yeah, I made this for work. ^_^ (it's my professional portfolio so it's made with my real name and stuff...)

No comments:

Post a Comment