Feb 14, 2012

Happy Friends day!

Valentine's day is translated "Ystävänpäivä" in Finnish, which makes it Friends day. I think this translation has changed the whole meaning of the day here. We celebrate it, not with our partners alone, but with everyone who are special and dear to us, our friends.
We buy gifts for friends and family or eat all together. Of course lovers wish happy friends day for each other too and can make up special plans, but that's just one way to celebrate it.

I like this way a lot more. The original valentines day makes you feel lonely if you're a single, and that's not at all nice. It's much nicer to celebrate all together. ^_^
Lately I've become sort of a hermit. I spend a lot of time alone, doing stuff just by myself. But I still think about my friends, they are dear to me and I miss them badly. Time spent with friends is always a cheer up, a happy moment. So Happy friends day for everyone. ^__^

And a special hug and kiss for my Viking. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment