Jan 1, 2012

Wrapping Up The Year 2011


The year 2011 is past and over. It's time to do this little sum up. Feel free to copy if you feel like it. =) HAPPY YEAR 2012, may this be a better, happier and more fun year than the last one was. ^___^

1) What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
I graduated from College, went on a therapy course, learnt helluvalot of the world, religions, history, physics, science... and many little things. =)

2) Did you keep your New Year Resolutions?
I don't remember making any. If I did, it must have been about my health and I feel I've improved that: mental health is getting better (or at least more clear where the problem is), I've lost weight and been exercising. ^_^

3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, more of my friends became mothers/fathers. And my stepsister gave birth to a beautiful, wonderful little girl Emilia.

4) Did anyone close to you die?
Thank goodness not. ♥ Christopher Hitchens was a great loss.

5)What countries did you visit?
I visited Sweden; Stockholm twice, in the spring and in the fall. Both trips were wonderful. ^_^

6) What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
More health, more exercise, more weight-loss, more happiness, more viking, more friends, more social life, more learning, more books, more good movies, even a little bit of work maybe.

7)What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
29th January - Emilia was born
31th May - I graduated as a media technology engineer
4th July - Gay Pride

8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating, finally! ♥ It took 7 years, haha! XD

9) What was your biggest failure?
Getting into a worse shape in the mental apartment... and not losing more weight. =P

10) Did you suffer illness of injury?
Well, the last answer sort of answers this one too... and there was the mess with the medication too. ^^;

11)What was the best thing you bought?
My new computer, I looove it! ^___^
(AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, 3.00 GHz, 4.00 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating system, Win 7)

12)Where did most of your money go?
Bills, food, rent... and books, lots of good books. And some movies. ^_^

13) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- Gay pride
- My new camera
- Movies: the Last Potter, Transformers 3 (which wasn't that good after all), Thor, Real Steel, Tintin...
- Various trips to Helsinki and Stockholm
- Game of Thrones series
- Many books

14)What song will always remind you of 2011?
Game of Thrones opening. (It's also my ringtone in my phone)

15)  Compared to this time last year, are you...?
happier or sadder- Happier!
older or wiser- Both, definitely.
thinner or fatter- Thinner. ^_^
richer or poorer- The same.

16) What do you wish you'd done more of?
Seen my friends, I miss them a lot. ♥

17) What do you wish you had done less of?
Panicking, being anxious, crying!

18) How did you spend Christmas?
With my family.

19) Did you fall in love in 2011?
Well, I sort of was that way when the year started so no ;D but then again, the feeling is getting stronger so yes. XD

20) What was your favorite TV program?
1) Game of thrones!
2) True Blood & Deadwood
3) Big Bang Theory & Primeval

21) What new did you learn in 2011?
I became a skeptic. I read tons of books about science, history, religion, evolution... and learnt so much that I have to write a completely new post about that stuff. ^_^ I learnt that a lot of things I've considered smart are in fact total bull. And learnt things I couldn't even dream of about the world around us, nothing otherwordly, just things that people don't think about but that are, in fact, incredible. ^_^

22) What was the best book you read?
Best... one? ONE? I can't choose one. :O
Best ones though:
- Nomad - Ayaan Hirsi Ali
- Letting go of god - Julia Sweeney
- Why people believe in strange things - Michael Shermer
- 3096 days - Natascha Kambusch
- End of manners - Francesca Marciano
I also read all the Lily Bard Mysteries books (5), Aurora Teagarden Mysteries (8), Anita Blake vampire hunter books 1-11 and Harper Connelly Series (4) and some one-book books.
And I also re-read the Song of ice and fire books (4 first ones), Drizzt's adventures 1-4, Sookie Stackhouse books (12 books), Smoke and shadows books (3 books), Harry Potters (7 books), Liquor series (Poppy Z Brite)(3 books books), Nightrunner series (5 books), and Vampire Chronicles 1-2 and Blackwood farm.

23) What was your greatest musical discovery?
The year 2011 was a really poor year when it comes to music for me. I didn't really find any new music, listened to very little and my playlist consists of music I've been listening to for years. What I listen to when I have time: Audiobooks. ♥

24) What did you want and get?
I didn't even know how to wish for it but got and am in love with: my digital system camera! ^____^
+ tons of books and movies.

25) What did you want and not get?
Get healthy. ^^;

26) What as your favorite film of the year?
Harry Potter and the deathly Hallows part 2. ♥ (+ Black Swan, Thor, Tangled...)

27) What did you do on your birthday? How old were you?
I went to a dinner with my friends to a really fancy restaurant El Toro. Turned 31. ^_^

28) What kept you sane?
(Well, I'm not really sane, LOL, but in all reality:) Family, friends, books, drawing, taking photos, internet, my viking, my psychiatrist, the medication, sun, summer... ^_^

29) Tell a life lesson you learned.
There is SO much to learn, never think you know enough, keep on studying, reading, learning, the world is such an awesome, huge, wonderful place full of miracles. ^_^

30) What song lyric sums up your year?
Music, oh no, music cannot describe the year 2011 for me. But this can:

No comments:

Post a Comment