May 11, 2011

Thor

I had an incredibly nice time with my viking last night. ♥ And today I got to see another Viking on the big screen. Haha. We went to see Thor with my friend Ktiraam. ^__^

The movie was awesome. The effects were great, especially in 3D. The landscapes and buildings in Asgard were magnificent and the main character Thor was great. A new actor, who I wish to see a lot more of. And he's so handsome that we had to fan ourselves every now and then with Ktiraam, mraurrrr. ;D~
Natalie Portman is also in the movie and I love her, she's great. The storyline is exciting and nicely built, it works though it's not the most surprising one. There are a few surprises that you wouldn't expect to see. ^_^ There is humour and romance and excitement. It's not a Viking mythology story although the names would suggest so, but there are still some nice Viking elements to spice things up. I'm not a big Marvel fan, it's just never really been my thing, though I've liked a lot of the Marvel movies that have come out lately. This movie I do recommend, full heartedly.

Though of all the new films that have come out this year, the best one so far has been Black Swan. ♥ Thor didn't quite get there, but it was great nonetheless (and very different). And I loved Tangled. The animation was great and the story so... Disney. They always make you smile. ^_^
Battle Los Angeles was okay too, though a little too "war" for me. Too macho and bloody.

Now I'm really waiting for
1) The last Harry Potter
2) Transformers 3
3) Sherlock Holmes 2
4) X-Men first class
5) First Avenger: Captain America
6) Green Lantern
7) Pirates of the Caribbean

=D There are way too many good ones coming out this year! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment