Jul 19, 2011

Animalistic

We went to Korkeasaari-Zoo with my dad, stepmom, stepsister, her daughter and my sisters two kids (9 & 11).  We left at 10 am and came back home at 7 pm, walking almost all day, when we were not sitting in the train (for 2 hours). Everything was perfect, except that I burned my shoulders and chest really badly, OUCH! I am red as a tomato, ow ow ow.
The last Harry Potter is in the movies. I screamed of joy when
I saw this! XD (helsinki railway station)
On our way to the zoo, which is in an island where you take a
boat to, we saw this weird peer-looking-boat-thingy that
some guys had made, they floated around in the sun. XD
Of course I had to take photos. The animals were so absolutely cool! There were a lot of people there with little kids, which made everything a little chaotic, but it was still really fun. =D

The to the animals, roarrr! ;P

A huuuuge tiger!
It looked so magnificent, walking around
and there was only a plexi-glass between us.
Woah ♥

Amur Leopard. It was about to walk away when it looked straight to us
and walked closer to pose. A wonderful, beautiful creature.

An eurasian Lynx. You can see these guys in the nature in Finland, but
rarely, because they avoid people. They are sooo beautiful! And look
at the size of those paws, powerful!
I love the ears of the Lynx, those little tufts of hair, so cute! ^_^
Red Panda, what an adorable thing, it became my instant favourite,
I've never seen one before. ^_^

An otter. Aaaaah, it was sooo cuuute, playing in the water
and jumping up and back to water and playing there, it was so
fast it was difficult to take a photo.
And then it suddenly came out of the water right in front of me and
stayed there until I got a really good series of photos. ^_^
LOL! What a shot, haha, a yawning Snowy Owl. Looks exactly like
Hedwig, doesn't it. ^__^
A real life Wolverine! These guys are small and fast and so ferocious
that even three time larger bears are afraid of them. 
How can such a dangerous creature look so sweet?
A Visent (European Bison), they were huuuuge and handsome. ^^
Sea Eagle. These guys were so huge and cool. Woah, when it
spread it's wings I was glad there was a cage between us. ;D
A brown bear. They looked very calm and playful and fortunately
we came to see them just at the feeding time. This one is eating someone's
leg. :P
And this one seems to be a vegetarian, it was eating a watermelon. XD
Me and the bear. =D
Mountain goat. Surprisingly big and beautifully snow white goat. ^_^
A camel, this was the one thing I was waiting for the most, I've never
seen a live camel before, and it was soo gorgeous! ^_^
To explain my addiction to camels: these animals can walk in a
desert with very little water or food, walking a 1000 kilometers
in two weeks. Amazing!
A lama! lamalamalamalamalamalamalama... =P
Peacocks were walking around free in the area, they were
very pretty and very very tame! ^^
A green short-noused vine snake, beauuuutiful! 
Dwarf Mongoose, they were watching a bird flying over them
and when it came closer, one of them gave a scream and they
all ran under a tree branch. Such organisation.
Not to mention how CUTE they were! ^__^
Yellow-banded poison arrow frog, a very beautiful but
extremely poisonous frog. ^_^
Ural own. It was so difficult to spot in the middle of trees
that we almost missed it, though here it looks so
handsome.
And there they were. There were a little more animals than just these photographed, but pictures taken inside or of the little animals far away were so shaky or bad that I don't want to show them. =P It was a fun fun trip! ^_^
Now to treat my burns. Ouch. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment