Dec 12, 2011

Of hearts and umbrellas

I've had a busy weekend. ^_^ On Friday I got to meet an old dear friend, visiting from Tampere. It was really good to see, it's been tooo long! ^__^

And on Saturday we had our long planned annual Helsinki winter trip with Ktiraam! =D The morning started with rain and wind. I was soaked when I got to the train station, but still, off we went. It was 10.20 when we arrived to Helsinki and an even worse weather waited for us there. We walked to Kukunor (movie/cartoon/poster store) first, it's about 15 minutes away from the train station. It was really windy and raining freezing cold water... and then the wind broke my umbrella. It wasn't worth much anyways, because the wind and rain seemed to come from all around, but at least it had kept my head and face dry. We had to wait for Kukunor to open for 5 more minutes, freezing in the cold water. It seemed like a much longer wait. ^^;

But once Kukunor opened, the rain was forgotten! I found two aaaawesome posters; "Howl's moving castle"-movie poster and "True Blood"-poster with the white background and red red lips. YAYY! I also had to buy a "Sponge Bob Square-pants" umbrella because it was another 15 minutes walk back. We got out to the wind and rain and one red light later my new umbrella was shattered in dozen pieces. I cursed. I felt so mad, but at the same time I felt a little "meh, what ever!"... this was a day that one... well, two broken umbrella's, freezing rain and even more freezing wind would not ruin. XD

We walked to Fennica Comics (comic/manga store), but found nothing interesting (and cheap enough) to buy and went to Kamppi (huge mall) to eat some pizza. The warm food felt sooo good. And sitting in a warm place felt nice too. Soon we had energy to continue our adventure, this time we went off to Fantasiapelit (comic/manga/book store) and Maarit found lots and lots of good manga (yaoi) to buy. From there we walked... again in the rain, to Akateeminen kirjakauppa (Academic bookstore), where I bought one story-collection book edited by George R R Martin and a biography by Stephen Fry. ♥

And then it was time to go to Tennispalatsi (a movie theater) to see Tintin! YAYY! We bought some snacks and drinks on the way and then just sat at the hallway, waiting for the movie to began, talking and reading our books/manga. =D And the movie was aaawesome! ^___^ After it ended, we were so tired that we went straight to the train station, bought some tea/hot chocolate and baguettes and waited for the train to go home.

At home I was so freaking tired I just wanted to sleep, but I just had to put the new posters on the wall before that. They look absolutely wonderful. ^___^

The next morning was less nice.
...Well, it all started on Tuesday already and has been going on since then. My heart has been racing like crazy, insanely fast. I wake up many times during the nights to it and I get these muscle cramps on my arms and chest area. I was so freaking worried about these symptoms that I visited a doctor on Sunday morning. They took an EKG and the doctor examined me: I was having a panic attack.
;_; and the cramps I was having: my muscles are so tight because of the panic attack that I could hardly move.

I was a little ashamed. And a LOT relieved that it wasn't anything serious. I had thought before that it must be just nerves, but who has a panic attack that lasts 5 days?!
Me, apparently. =(
I got strict rules to avoid stress, not do anything stressful, to exercise a lot, to stretch a lot and to rest a lot. And that's all I've been doing since yesterday morning. I've been sleeping for 12 hours/day too, so I guess the stress is finally resolving... in to sleep.

Last night was the first with no heart ache in almost a week. I stretched for an hour before going to sleep and did my relaxation exercises while falling asleep and slept 10 hour straight. OH it felt SO good! ♥ Now if only I could keep myself this relaxed... I have a meeting with the course (from hell!) leader this Wednesday and I am so freaking scared about it, I have no idea how I'm gonna handle it without falling apart completely.

But I'll try. Boy last week was rough. I hope this one will be better. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment