Jun 16, 2011

Chrome

I've absolutely loved Firefox for such a long time, that it wasn't an easy thing to admit that the new version completely and utterly sucked. =(

Every time I opened the browser, it froze and often crashed. Sometimes it took over 10 minutes to get the browser to work. It made everything slow and the pages always got stuck when you browsed longer ones. So it was time to say goodbye and move on. Since I dislike Explorer so much (full of errors!) and Opera doesn't make me feel at home, I decided to try Google Chrome. People said it was fast.

And it turns out, it is. Fast and opens quickly, flash works so much faster than on Firefox and even the look of it pleases me... after I tweaked it with tons of extensions, add-ons and a new theme. Here's how I gathered up my favourites and made a perfect browser (at least for my use):

1) This is my theme; Mountain dew. Because the normal Google Chrome theme is too boring for my taste. And I still like something that doesn't hurt the eyes and is not too dark so you don't have to squint. Or search for things, that's annoying. =P
2) add-ons I use
- AdBlock: a must, it removes ads from pages, perfect.
- E-mail check: it tells you if you have new mail with an icon on your browsers top panel, so you don't have to keep on checking yourself.
- Screen capture: for those pages that you want to safe, for pictures that are copy-protected and other important stuff.
- FB Photo Zoom: I recommend this for everyone on Facebook. You don't have to open a photo to see the large view, just put your mouse on top of the photo and you'll see it. Saves TONS of time. ^_^

That's it- a little geek moment from Zardra, haha.
And talking about geeks, here's a fun article about the issue. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment